Saturday, October 22, 2011

On Back Up and Recovery

I love surfing the net in my free time but i am little blind on some technical aspects. What i mean is that, the net for me is like a comforter. I could browse updates, i could surf the web and do anything i want but dont just give me some technical aspects like doing an html code or doing some java script. Sorry guys, its not my thing. Nevertheless, despite me being not a techy type, i also have little ideas about some basic in computer. Like stuff in saving and other storage stuff.

But then i still have countless question about computer storage like the capacity and whats the ideal storage type. For that matter, i want to look out about storage virtualization and data center consoliation. Both are important stuff especially if you are working in a large company. IN our case, my previous employer have an IT department that caters the needs for our technical stuff. We will just request a staff from their department to fix anything that we want to fix. A supervisor from the department told us how important is backup and recovery because most of the time we failed to do some back up because we think we dont need it. Actually, it is essential to have back up data just in case a lose of data happens of desktop breakdown is encountered.

0 comments: